Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mulberry Paper Collage Technique

This is an oldie but goodie technique using Mulberry Paper collage backgrounds . . . it can be used to make surreal landscape images . . . or not!!! LOL!!!! I purchase mulberry paper from craft stores . . . Asian stores . . . and stamp conventions . . .
First . . . I laid out some pieces of mulberry paper to see which colors might look well together . . .
After that decision . . . I traced a path with my aqua-brush (using a brush with water works just as well) . . . That makes it easier to tear the delicate mulberry paper . . .
I continue the procedure to all my colors until I'm done . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michi!
This is gorgeous!! I absolutely love it and will have to try it after I get all my fat book pages done and mailed to Margie.

OMG, tonight was the first time that I noticed you are an "Orange County housewife." I don't understand how you can be, though, cause you are not be-yatch! That show is like a train wreck -- I try not to look but I can't help it, LOL!
Hugs,
Theresa from arttechniques

Brenda said...

Great technique, stunning result. Love it.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

You are brilliant with this technique, girlfriend...I have copied this out and am going to make sure I DO IT!! I have so much beautiful mulberry paper and it has just been sitting there...this piece of your is totally awesome!! Love it! TFS.

sub.marine said...

hey tat is really cool!!!!